
In a feeble attempt to find sleep in a comfortable spot of my Sleep Number bed, I tossed, and turned with pillow and arms draped over my head. The bedroom window is open, and the cool mid-March breeze of the mountain’s air floats and then curls around me, and although I snuggle under the blankets, there is no relief, it’s pitch-black dark outside, and I’m cold. Finally, I give up and accept defeat; sleep is no longer possible. The clock on the nightstand clicks away minutes one second at a time; it’s 4:00 AM, and today is my fortieth birthday, I’m single, and divorced, and as I try to ignore the persistent kiss, kiss, kiss from my Beagle/Terrier mix, Pepper, my stiff and aching back bring me back to reality, and the memory of last nights dream comes into focus.
I’m standing in the kitchen of my two-bedroom split-level A-frame house, my bare feet are perfectly pedecured, and my toes are painted in Delicious Apple Red. I’m wearing a UNLV t-shirt and flannel jams, and my raven colored hair is gathered into a loose and sloppy ponytail that rests at the base of my neck. From the kitchen I can see the front door, and both the front and kitchen, (back), doors are wide open inviting me to make a choice between the two. It doesn’t matter what door I choose, the dream will not end well; at the end of the dream, a missing and murdered persons body will be known to me. The door I choose will not change the outcome of the dream nor will it change the outcome of the deceased. The deceased will still be dead at the hands of a murderer, and I will be the one who “found” his or her body. Still it takes me a long time to choose, but I finally do, and suddenly I am standing on my back porch. The cool breeze ever so slightly moves the swing and I inhale the sweet smell of the desert wild flowers, which are about to bloom.
I step off of my back porch, still barefoot; I make no noise as I walk down one of the few and little populated residential streets on Mt. Charleston. The night is so dark, with the only light coming from the full moon, which peeks and then hides behind acres upon acres of Pine Trees. At the end of my street, a road forks yet again forcing me to make a choice, I choose to go to the right. As I walk to the right of the fork, my heart pounds unpleasantly fast, suddenly I’m aware of another presence in the dark night. Instinctively, a crouch for cover behind a large and aging pine; something is stirring above me, I look up and then I see it…a chubby and aging tabby. It beckons me with insistent meows to keep going down the fork to the right. I continue down the road, and it grows darker as the moon fades away and then I hear voices. The voices are muffled, and at least two people are arguing with each other.
Though I have had these types of dreams, (I call them my murder dreams), since I was five years old, I am still startled and find it unsettling when watery glistening figures appear in my dreams. I jerk when I see the watery and glistening figure before me. I know her; it’s State Senator Carolyn “Cee Cee” Collins.
Cee Cee is in her penthouse loft condominium located in the prestigious Loft Las Vegas Condominiums. Loft Las Vegas is where old Vegas and new Vegas money choose to live; located just off of the Las Vegas Strip, every condominium has a unobstructed panoramic view of the Strip or the mountains. The Loft Las Vegas offers upscale living at its most refined.
Cee Cee’s loft has two sky terraces, one offers a view of the strip and the other a view of the mountains, and her loft is the only one in the building, which has both views. Cee Cee is wearing a simple black cocktail dress with classic black pumps, and she was putting on a set of pearls. She was getting ready for a night out, perhaps a political fundraiser, or maybe she is going out on a date with her much younger boyfriend, Jacob Ellis. Suddenly her head turns towards the door, the knock or the doorbell is expected, and she gracefully moves towards the door, she peeps through the peephole, smiles and answers the door. She knows the person on the other side. Whoever it is it is a young person, a teenager perhaps. He hands Cee Cee a stack of files, they exchange a few friendly words and she closes the door, turns and moves towards the bathroom to continue to ready herself for her evening out. The chubby tabby cries loudly and rubs up against Cee Cee’s leg. Cee Cee says a few loving words to the cat as she playfully and lovingly tickles the cat behind its ears, and she calls the cat by name. Although I can’t clearly hear what she calls the cat, I make out the muffled sound coming from Cee Cee to be Rosie, and Rosie snuggles and tucks her head while Cee Cee continues to tickles her behind her ears. Cee Cee head turns toward the door again…a look of confusion at the sound coming from the front door…this is not expected. Before she can look through the peephole, the door bursts open, and her body becomes tense as a look of panic comes across her face. She tries to close the door on the person on the other side but whoever it is, is too fast and too strong, he pushes his way in with gun in hand. A bulking figure closes in on Cee Cee and muffled arguing begins. I can’t make out what is being said, I’m beginning to sweat as my heart continues to beat unpleasantly fast and my breathing become shallow to the point where it is hard to even breath, I feel something tightening around my neck. More arguing and a struggle ensues, a lamp is knocked to the floor, and the bulking figure hits Cee Cee across the face with the gun, he continues to hit her, and she falls crying, and begging him to stop. Rosie screeches and lunges at the bulking figure landing square on this face, taking skin in her claws as he reaches up, and grabs, and then dislodges her from his face as he throws her across the room. Cee Cee scrambles to her feet, and attempts to run for the front door, but she is grabbed from behind, and with her own pearls she is choked to death.
Cee Cee’s lifeless body is rolled into a blanket, folded in half and then zipped into a large gym bag. The bulking figure throws the bag over his shoulder and exits the building via a stairwell located next to the elevator. The stairwell leads right to the front of the building where valet parking is located. Waiting in valet parking is a Black Cherry colored Escalade. The bulking figure puts Cee Cee’s body in the back of the Escalade and the body of Cee Cee Collins is then driven to Mt. Charleston, and the dumped in an old abandoned mine.
I’m standing in the kitchen of my two-bedroom split-level A-frame house, my bare feet are perfectly pedecured, and my toes are painted in Delicious Apple Red. I’m wearing a UNLV t-shirt and flannel jams, and my raven colored hair is gathered into a loose and sloppy ponytail that rests at the base of my neck. From the kitchen I can see the front door, and both the front and kitchen, (back), doors are wide open inviting me to make a choice between the two. It doesn’t matter what door I choose, the dream will not end well; at the end of the dream, a missing and murdered persons body will be known to me. The door I choose will not change the outcome of the dream nor will it change the outcome of the deceased. The deceased will still be dead at the hands of a murderer, and I will be the one who “found” his or her body. Still it takes me a long time to choose, but I finally do, and suddenly I am standing on my back porch. The cool breeze ever so slightly moves the swing and I inhale the sweet smell of the desert wild flowers, which are about to bloom.
I step off of my back porch, still barefoot; I make no noise as I walk down one of the few and little populated residential streets on Mt. Charleston. The night is so dark, with the only light coming from the full moon, which peeks and then hides behind acres upon acres of Pine Trees. At the end of my street, a road forks yet again forcing me to make a choice, I choose to go to the right. As I walk to the right of the fork, my heart pounds unpleasantly fast, suddenly I’m aware of another presence in the dark night. Instinctively, a crouch for cover behind a large and aging pine; something is stirring above me, I look up and then I see it…a chubby and aging tabby. It beckons me with insistent meows to keep going down the fork to the right. I continue down the road, and it grows darker as the moon fades away and then I hear voices. The voices are muffled, and at least two people are arguing with each other.
Though I have had these types of dreams, (I call them my murder dreams), since I was five years old, I am still startled and find it unsettling when watery glistening figures appear in my dreams. I jerk when I see the watery and glistening figure before me. I know her; it’s State Senator Carolyn “Cee Cee” Collins.
Cee Cee is in her penthouse loft condominium located in the prestigious Loft Las Vegas Condominiums. Loft Las Vegas is where old Vegas and new Vegas money choose to live; located just off of the Las Vegas Strip, every condominium has a unobstructed panoramic view of the Strip or the mountains. The Loft Las Vegas offers upscale living at its most refined.
Cee Cee’s loft has two sky terraces, one offers a view of the strip and the other a view of the mountains, and her loft is the only one in the building, which has both views. Cee Cee is wearing a simple black cocktail dress with classic black pumps, and she was putting on a set of pearls. She was getting ready for a night out, perhaps a political fundraiser, or maybe she is going out on a date with her much younger boyfriend, Jacob Ellis. Suddenly her head turns towards the door, the knock or the doorbell is expected, and she gracefully moves towards the door, she peeps through the peephole, smiles and answers the door. She knows the person on the other side. Whoever it is it is a young person, a teenager perhaps. He hands Cee Cee a stack of files, they exchange a few friendly words and she closes the door, turns and moves towards the bathroom to continue to ready herself for her evening out. The chubby tabby cries loudly and rubs up against Cee Cee’s leg. Cee Cee says a few loving words to the cat as she playfully and lovingly tickles the cat behind its ears, and she calls the cat by name. Although I can’t clearly hear what she calls the cat, I make out the muffled sound coming from Cee Cee to be Rosie, and Rosie snuggles and tucks her head while Cee Cee continues to tickles her behind her ears. Cee Cee head turns toward the door again…a look of confusion at the sound coming from the front door…this is not expected. Before she can look through the peephole, the door bursts open, and her body becomes tense as a look of panic comes across her face. She tries to close the door on the person on the other side but whoever it is, is too fast and too strong, he pushes his way in with gun in hand. A bulking figure closes in on Cee Cee and muffled arguing begins. I can’t make out what is being said, I’m beginning to sweat as my heart continues to beat unpleasantly fast and my breathing become shallow to the point where it is hard to even breath, I feel something tightening around my neck. More arguing and a struggle ensues, a lamp is knocked to the floor, and the bulking figure hits Cee Cee across the face with the gun, he continues to hit her, and she falls crying, and begging him to stop. Rosie screeches and lunges at the bulking figure landing square on this face, taking skin in her claws as he reaches up, and grabs, and then dislodges her from his face as he throws her across the room. Cee Cee scrambles to her feet, and attempts to run for the front door, but she is grabbed from behind, and with her own pearls she is choked to death.
Cee Cee’s lifeless body is rolled into a blanket, folded in half and then zipped into a large gym bag. The bulking figure throws the bag over his shoulder and exits the building via a stairwell located next to the elevator. The stairwell leads right to the front of the building where valet parking is located. Waiting in valet parking is a Black Cherry colored Escalade. The bulking figure puts Cee Cee’s body in the back of the Escalade and the body of Cee Cee Collins is then driven to Mt. Charleston, and the dumped in an old abandoned mine.
No comments:
Post a Comment